In New Jersey, there are currently just over 300 legal weed permit holders — growers, manufacturers and retailers. That number is expected to increase as the state has approved licenses almost every month since the consumer market opened in April.
To help businesses operating in the Garden State cannabis market, NJ Cannabis Insider Live has designed an intensive, learning experience. The Cannabis Business Bootcamp presented by Weedmaps is an all-day, two-track conference that puts an emphasis on serving New Jersey’s conditional license holders, small-businesses and future operators.
The Sept. 15 bootcamp, which will run from 8 am-5 pm at the Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center. Special discount pricing for half-day and full-day tickets, plus perks are available for conditional license holders. Register here.
The event features not only some of the biggest power players in the cannabis space, but it also attracts many of the industry’s leading professional service companies to exhibit on its vendor floor.
The complete lineup of speakers, workshops and CannaTalks:
- Wesley McWhite IIINJ Cannabis Regulatory Commission, director of Diversity & Inclusion
- Ken VandeVredefounder and CEO of New Jersey-based HillviewMed and Kaló beverages
TRACK 1 — BEGINNER
Essential elements for license applying & related financing challenges
- Lou Magazzuowner of Magazzu Law Firm
Understanding why compliance and security are crucial to your operation
- Dave MyersVP of Security at Cannaspire
How to set up your business for investors
- Ekwutozia Nwabuzoran investment manager attorney at Lowenstein Sandler
- Todd Polyniak, partner at Sax LLP, a multi-disciplinary accounting, tax and advisory firm
- Tyler Beuerleinchief strategic business development officer at Safe Harbor Financial
TRACK 2 — ADVANCED
I have a conditional license, now what?
- Sarah Trentfounder of Valley Wellness — a craft dispensary opening in November — and CEO of NJ Cannabis Certified
- Rob Mejiaauthor, entrepreneur and adjunct professor at Stockton University
- Fruqan Mouzon, attorney at Fox Rothschild LLP, assistant counsel to former New Jersey Gov. John Corzine
How small businesses can market themselves successfully
- Lizzie Kirshenbaum, the associate director of East Coast Government Relations at Weedmaps
- Stephen Golda senior manager of Client Sales at Weedmaps
In addition to the keynotes and workshops, we’re hosting 30-minute to hour-long CannaTalks:
Real Estate: A special market means special challenges
- Darrin Chandler Jr.director of Cannabis Real Estate at RIPCO, co-founder of Premium Genetics
Construction: Avoiding the perils of planning & building
- Art HanceCEO of Hance Construction
Cut through the red tape: What state agencies can do for you
- Melanie Willoughbyexecutive director of the NJ Business Action Center
In it to win: Best practices for running a successful business
- Gary CohenCEO of Cova Software
- Peter GrossCEO of Epic Valley Farms, an Oregon cannabis cultivator
Keys to the city: How to work with your town
- Mayor Janice KovachClinton Town, immediate past president of the New Jersey State League of Municipalities
- Mollie Hartman Lustigan attorney, is the chair of McLaughlin and Stern’s Cannabis Practice Group
Vendor & Sponsor Expo Floor
Sponsors and partners for NJ Cannabis Insider events are among the businesses shaping the industry locally and regionally.
- Weedmaps, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Its suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. The platform also provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery.
- Hance Construction, NJ Cannabis Insider founding sponsor, has built and is in the process of building cannabis grow facilities in New Jersey, offering consulting and site-location services
- SAX Accounting & Advisory is a Top 100, multi-disciplinary accounting, tax and advisory firm serving the needs of closely held companies, family-owned businesses, not-for-profit organizations and high-net-worth individuals, providing services to all segments of the market through its SAX Cannabis Advisors group
- HillviewMed is a new grower and seller of medical cannabis, Hillview was one of the first in the state to grow hemp and manufacture products, such as its popular CBD-infused drink Kaló
- The Botanist, a retail and product brand created to help wellness seekers, guiding patients and consumers as they discover cannabis Dispensaries are located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, New England, and Midwest.
- HBK CPAs & Valuations, a multidisciplinary financial services firm, offering the collective intelligence of professionals committed to delivering exceptional client service across a wide range of tax, accounting, audit, business advisory, valuation, financial planning, wealth management and support services from offices in offices Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Florida.
- Cova builds innovative retail software solutions specifically for dispensaries. Its POS & Inventory Management platform is designed to simplify compliance, streamline complex dispensary operations, and empower dispensaries to deliver the best possible shopping experience. Based in Denver, Cova is powering more than 1,800 retail locations across North America.
- McLaughlin & Stern engages in sophisticated legal work with burgeoning practices in cutting edge areas of the law, such as art, media, entertainment and hospitality. The firm has a Sports Practice Group, Land and Maritime Environmental Group, and a Cannabis, Medical Marijuana and Hemp Group.
- Cannaspire Consultants, a certified woman Owned Business, provides application writing, security & tech solutions, regulatory compliance consulting and audit services
- Magazzu Law Firm, owned by Lou Magazzu, with successes in site selection and approval process, the related zoning and planning issues and opening dispensary and cultivation locations.
- Safe Harbor Financial is one of the first financial services providers to offer reliable access to banking solutions for cannabis, hemp, CBD, and ancillary operators, making communities safer, driving growth in local sustainable, and fostering long-term partnerships. Over the past seven years, Safe Harbor has processed over $12 billion in transactions with operations spanning 20 states with regulated cannabis markets.
- Fox Rothschild law, named a Practice Group of the Year by Law360 and ranked by Chambers USA, its experienced Cannabis Law team works closely with highly regulated companies from New Jersey to California.
- UFCW 360, the Cannabis Workers’ Union, for more than a decade, the union has been proud to help lead the development and stabilization of the emerging cannabis industry through our innovative Cannabis Workers Rising campaign.
- John Mackevich Law is an established Midwest law firm whose lawyers have been serving cannabis clients with a focus on competence and loyalty for more than 10 years.
- VGS Studio is an employee-owned, fully-integrated leader in retail design and fabrication, spanning over 40 years, 12 markets, and thousands of projects. Its offering includes: complete store concept design, customer journey mapping, interior/exterior signage, menu boards, drive thru & mobile order pick-up systems, modular buildings and more
- Treez is the leading enterprise cloud commerce platform that streamlines retail and supply chain operations within the cannabis market. Through its innovative technology for retailers and brands, the company provides a robust breadth and depth of software solutions required to operate a successful modern dispensary.
- Zencorn a minority owned firm that offers a secure seed-to-sale cannabis payment solutions for the supplier, dispensary/retailer and the consumer.
- InSign is a national architectural design studio and fabricator based out of West Deptford, NJ.
- Dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform powering the cannabis industry with Point of Sale, Ecommerce, Payments, and more. With over 5,000 dispensary partners, it processes more than $14 billion cannabis sales annually.
- New Jersey CannaBusiness Association, the Garden State’s largest trade group, operating as the state’s cannabis chamber of commerce
- Stockton University, the interdisciplinary minor in Cannabis Studies offers students a foundation for understanding the burgeoning cannabis industry. Stockton recently opened The Cannabis & Hemp Research Institute, which will research hemp cultivation and develop lab testing.
- Women Grow the global leader in connecting, educating, inspiring, and empowering the next generation of women leaders in the cannabis and hemp industry.
- Cannabis Insider Jobs, in collaboration with NJ Cannabis Insider, is dedicated to helping individuals find a career in the cannabis industry, leveraging its digital presence through NJ.com’s parent company Advance Local.
Click here for more details and to purchase tickets. (Note: Availability is limited. As others will tell you, we have had to turn people away from our last several large-scale events.)
NJ Cannabis Insider is a weekly subscriber-based online trade journal and group events produced by NJ Advance Media, which also publishes NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated papers. Are you interested in the NJ cannabis industry? Subscribe here for insider exclusives. Follow us on LinkedIn.